Starting December 1st, 2014, BlackBerry is launching a campaign for you to trade up to a BlackBerry Passport from your iPhone.
The deal apparently appears to be only good for iPhone models 4S and newer.
Regardless of which model you trade in, BlackBerry is offering a “top up” of $150 on top of the prices below.
Depending on the storage size and carrier they are paying:
- iPhone 4S – Up to $90 (plus $150 top-up) – Up to $240 total.
- iPhone 5 – Up to $150 (plus $150 top-up) – Up to $300 total.
- iPhone 5C – Up to $130 (plus $150 top-up) – Up to $280 total.
- iPhone 5S – Up to $245 (plus $150 top-up) – Up to $285 total.
- iPhone 6 – Up to $400 (plus $150 top-up) – Up to $550 total.
The only restrictions we noticed were that your iPhone has to be fully operational and that your BlackBerry Passport phone has to be purchased from shopblackberry.com or amazon.com.
For more details you can click here: https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/us/web/passport.html
While we are unsure how this marketing tactic will turn out, it is interesting for those who wish to change phones anyway.