If you haven’t tried Chipotle’s Guacamole, you’re definitely missing out!
Well the restaurant recently released its guacamole recipe.
Unsurprisingly aligned with the restaurant’s theme of providing simple good food, the recipe only requires 6 simple ingredients.
The restaurant makes the guacamole with batches of 48 avocados at a time, but the recipe is shrunken down to require just 2 avocados (multiple the ingredients as you decide to make a larger size).
Here is all you will need:
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
And the process?
- Choose the right avocado. It should feel squishy yet firm (like the palm of your hand), and be a nice dark green color on the inside.]
- Cut the avocado in half and the remove the pit (carefully!)
- Scoop the avocados and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.