2014 is a year that had more billionaires in the world than any previous year, a total of 2,325 to be exact.
What do we know about the billionaires in the world?
Well Wealth-X and UBS teamed up and put together the billionaire census for the year 2014, and here are some interesting statistics on the world’s most wealthy people.
- Their total combined net worth is a staggering $7.3 trillion dollars.
- There were 155 new billionaires since 2013.
- The average billionaire has a net worth of around $3 billion.
- There is one billionaire for ever three million people on earth.
- The US has more billionaires than any other country, but Europe has more billionaires than any other region.
- 60% of billionaires are self-made.
- 65% of billionaires are married.
- 35% of billionaires don’t have a college degree.
- The billionaires have approximately $160 per person invested in real estate, statistics show they have about 4 properties per person.
See the complete video presentation below: