The NFL Preseason is coming to a close, and as the regular season begins, have you ever wondered which NFL teams are the most valuable? We have, and this is what we’ve researched and found out.
10. The Baltimore Ravens – current net worth? $1.5 billion, with an annual revenue of $304 million and an operating income of $56.7 million, the Baltimore Ravens land 10th on our list of highest valued football teams. They won a Super Bowl in the 2012 season with their quarterback Joe Flacco winning the MVP honors.
9. The San Francisco 49ers. The 49ers are worth $1.6 billion dollars, with a revenue of $270 million and operating income of $24.8 million. They faced off against number 10 on this list, the Baltimore Ravens in the 2012 Super Bowl XLVII, but were defeated.
8. The Chicago Bears. The Bears are worth an estimated $1.7 billion dollars and have revenue of $309 million with operating income of $57.1 million. The Bears last came close to winning a Super Bowl in 2010, but were defeated by the Green Bay Packers in 2010.
7. The Philadelphia Eagles. The Philadelphia Eagles are currently valued at $1.75 billion with revenue of $330 million and operating income of $73.2 million. They last appeared in the playoffs in 2013 but lost the Wild Card to the New Orleans Saints.
6. The New York Jets. Currently valued at $1.8 billion, the Jets take the number 6th spot on our list. They have a revenue of $330 million and operating income of $79.5 million
5. The Houston Texans. Coming in 5th, halfway down our list is the Houston Texans. The Texans are currently worth $1.85 billion, with revenue of $339 million and operating income of $102.8 million. They were last in the playoffs in 2012, and were the AFC South Champions.
4. Coming in fourth is the New York Giants. Valued at $2.1 billion, 300 million more than the New York Jets which share a stadium with the Giants. The Giants revenue is at $353 million and they have an operating income of $87.3 million. They were last in the playoffs in 2011, where they defeated the New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl XLVI.
3. Third on the list is the Washington Redskins. The team is worth $2.4 billion with an operating income of $143.4 million and revenue of $395 million. Recently in June 18, 2014 the Patent and Trademark office voted to cancel the six Redskins trademarks, the team is currently appealing the decision. Their last playoff appearance was in the 2012 season, losing the Wild Card game to the Seattle Seahawks.
2. Second in this list is the New England Patriots. Worth $2.6 billion dollars and with a revenue of $428 million and an operating income of $147.2 million, they last appeared in the playoffs in the 2013 season, losing the AFC championship to the Denver Broncos.
1. The Dallas Cowboys. The highest valued team in the NFL today? The team with the nickname “America’s team”. The Dallas Cowboys. The Dallas Cowboys are with a staggering $3.2 billion dollars, the only team currently valued over $3 billion, beating out the next in line New England Patriots by $600 million. They have an operating income of $245.7 million and a revenue of $560 million.